Welcome to the American Concrete Institute- Southern California Chapter (ACISCC) Website! We will be making changes regularly, so check back often to keep current with new updates!
The 2017 schedule of classes is here! Click here to be taken to the Field Grade I page.
WE ARE FULL FOR FIELD GRADE I SESSIONS in 2016
Purpose: DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES IS OCTOBER 3, 2016
The Charles J. Pankow, Jr. Award recognizes outstanding and innovative use of
concrete in construction. This award was established by the Southern California Chapter in 1984 in honor of Charles J. Pankow, Jr. who served as the International President of ACI in 1980-1981 and who has been active in the Southern California Chapter since its founding. The award is made annually, if, in the judgment of the Awards Committee(s), a qualified project and contractor are nominated.
The citation on the original award presented to Charles Pankow on March 22, 1984 reads:
Charles J. Pankow, Jr.
For Distinguished Service to the Concrete Industry As National ACI President, Director and TAC Member One of the Founders of the Southern California Chapter Innovative Engineer and Builder Leader in Concrete Construction
Categories (In Recognition Of):
1. Outstanding Achievement and Excellence in Concrete Construction
2. Outstanding Performance in Design and Engineering
3. Innovative Use of Concrete in Construction
4. Excellence in Environmental Usage of Concrete
5. Excellent Use of Concrete in Residential Construction
6. Decorative Use of Concrete in Construction
** One project of outstanding merit will receive the distinguished Charles J. Pankow Award
• Project must be completed between October 2015-September 2016
• Applying a unique or innovative application in the method or material in the design and construction
• The construction team achieves outstanding results in schedule and/or quality
• Utilizing concrete in an architectural finish or concrete as artwork
• Substituting concrete for other building materials (asphalt, steel, etc.)
• Concrete used to increase the project’s overall sustainability
1. Complete Entry Form (attached)
a. Specify Award Category for submission
b. Indicate with an asterisk (*) as to whom the plaques should be given (company or individual person)
c. Verify accuracy of names and spelling for award plaques
2. Minimum of 6 / Maximum of 10 digital photos on one CD or thumb drive (*.jpeg preferred) with description for each. Video footage is allowed in addition to digital photos. These may be included at awards ceremony
3. A one-page narrative highlighting concrete usage(s) on the project. Include detailed information regarding the quantity of cubic yards, design strength, and/or special applications (i.e. high-early strength, specialty aggregates or admixtures, innovative use of mineral admixtures, unique job conditions)
4. Description of project for use during the awards presentation. A detailed summary is encouraged
5. Email Heather Caya your interest and she will send you a dropbox link to upload your project!
Presentation of awards will occur in November at the Annual Concrete Awards Luncheon hosted by ACI Southern California Chapter. Information gathered for the purpose of this awards program may be published in various media outlets (print, Internet, Social Media) for the purpose of highlighting concrete’s use in design and construction.
HELP SUPPORT THE UCLA CONCRETE CANOE TEAM
We are currently updating our contact information for our members. As the industry changes, so do email addresses. So, please email ACISCC to update your information. Also, if you know anybody that may not be receiving updates, let them know or email ACISCC and we will contact them.
Please call us at: 877-562-2241 or send in the application
The American Concrete Institute SoCal Chapter
P.O. Box 712740
Santee, CA 92072
September 15, 2016 Concrete Cracking
Connect with us on Facebook & Linkend to learn about upcoming projects and volunteer opportunities.